Please be advised that Miller School has a Reverse Lunch Hour.
This simply means that students will play first (12:00-12:25) and eat next (12:25-12:55). Students who go home for lunch may stay to play until 12:15 if they wish. The benefits reported from schools that have reversed their lunch hour:
• Children do not eat quickly because they are in a hurry to go out and play.
• Students don’t experience stomach cramps as a result of eating right before play (especially play involving running).
• Students report they have a better appetite.
• A smoother transition from lunch hour to academic activities.
• Clean, calmer school (less rushed, reduction in peer conflicts).
• Less food wasted.
Anyone wanting more information can request a copy of “The Reverse Lunch Hour” by Simon Blakesley (Canadian Council on Learning) from the school.
Direct inquiries to Miss Nashiem please.